The State Load Dispatch Center is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in Uttarakhand .It is the strategic functional unit of Power Transmission Corporation of Uttarakhand Limited, Uttarakhand, for discharging various functions specified under section 32 of Indian Electricity Act, 2003.
Functions of SLDC
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the Uttarakhand.
- Responsible for carrying out real time operations for grid control and despatch of electricity within the state through secure and economic operation of the state grid in accordance with the grid standards and the State Grid Code .
- Responsible for optimal scheduling and despatch of electricity within the state, in accordance with contracts entered into the licensees or the generating companies operating in the state.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- System studies, planning and contingency analysis.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- PTCUL has introduced SCADA application in its operations w.e.f. 27.11.2012.
- SCADA system is used for real time data acquisition of various parameters from various substations of PTCUL and generating stations of Uttarakhand.
- The real time data of various inter –state transmission lines, intra-state transmission lines and Generating Stations is telemetered and reported to SLDC Dehradun where Grid Operations related decisions are made for proper and efficient grid control and electricity despatch.
- This data is further reported to NRLDC, New Delhi.
- PTCUL has established 01 no. SLDC at Dehradun and 01 no. Sub-SLDC each at Kashipur and Rishikesh.
- Kamaon region Data reports to sub-SLDC Kashipur and further to SLDC Dehradun .Similarly, Garhwal region data reports to sub-SLDC Rishikesh and further to SLDC Dehradun.
- RTUs / SAS (Remote Terminal Unit / Substation Automation System) are used for Data Acquisition. This Data is communicated via PLCC link to respective sub-LDC, which is further communicated via BSNL lease line to SLDC Dehradun.